Is Your Water Clean?
Many people in the Gresham, OR and Portland, OR areas assume that home water pollution is not an issue in the United States. People often associate water pollution with third world countries and other foreign places. However, many fail to realize that polluted home water affects many people in America and everyone is at risk.
It can be difficult to detect water pollution in your home or business because of the water processing standards imposed by local governments. This does not mean, however, that water pollution does not occur. There are potential water pollution issues to look out for before they affect you and your family.
What Factors Affect Water Pollution?
- Location: The location of your home is a large factor in terms of potential water pollution. For example if you live near an area with heavy industrial operations of any sort then you are vulnerable to home water pollution. Regularly checking the quality of your water is highly suggested.
- Outdoor Water Pollution: If you have a pool, fountain or other water feature outside of your home, there is the potential for water pollution. Sitting water of any kind has the potential to grow bacteria and become harmful for your home environment. Typically, if the water surrounding your home becomes discolored or smelly, it could be the result of water pollution and should be addressed immediately as it can cause sickness and other health issues.
- Water Pollution Indoors: Usually when water pollution occurs indoors, it also includes air pollution as well. This is because water pollution in enclosed spaces is known to cause other issue like mold which can have dire consequences on the respiratory system. It is important to be sure your plumbing system is up to date and completely intact to ensure water pollution does not result.
- Well Water: If you get your water supply from a well, regular testing of the quality of your water is a must. Well water is not held to the same standard as city water and requires extra attention for quality and safety.
- People Pollution: Everyone has the potential to contribute to water pollution so it is extremely important that you are mindful about using different chemical that can be harmful. For example, cleaning chemicals can be extremely dangerous to your home’s water system and should be used carefully and sparingly.
Home Water Pollution Solutions
If you suspect you have a water pollution issue in your home or business contact a professional immediately. Polluted home water can cause a host of problem that can result in terrifying consequences. Always be mindful of how your actions may influence your local water supply to ensure the safety of you and your loved ones.
Detect Water Pollution in Your Home in Portland OR and Vancouver WA
Serving Customers in Oregon and Washington