Clogged Bathroom Sink – Drain Cleaning
Serving Portland OR & Vancouver WA
Slow Moving Bathroom Sink Drains
Everyone knows what a slow bathroom sink drain looks like–toothpaste starts to float, small hairs don’t get washed down the drain, and pretty soon your sink water is standing still! All water drains within a household need to be maintained and properly cleaned in order to prevent a drain from getting completely clogged.
What Causes a Bathroom Sink Clog?
Every drain within your house has the ability to get clogged, and without continual maintenance and preventative care, that’s exactly what will happen! Here are a few tips and tricks from the drain cleaning experts:
- Try to avoid washing hair down the sink. Whether you’re brushing your hair over the sink, cutting your own hair, or simply removing hair from a hairbrush or elastic, do it over the trash. Your sink will thank you!
- Never, ever let small items like bobby-pins, hair clips, earrings, or small toys go down the drain.
- Certain soaps can clog the bathroom sink drain even faster, by coating the pipes. Make sure your soap is drain-friendly, and if you notice that the water is moving slowly, stop using that soap!
DIY Sink Unclogging Techniques
There is a variety of DIY advice out there, and not all of it is great. Our basic advice is to not put a hanger down the sink, no matter who tells you it’s fine! Depending on the severity of the clog, you might make it worse, pushing the debris or material and compacting it even further. DIY advice is fine, until your clogged bathroom sink takes over, and nothing will work anymore. You also want to avoid chemical treatments: depending on your clog, the pipe material used within your house, and your septic system, you could end up doing thousands of dollars in damage. There are some basic techniques you can use, like removing any visible items or hair from the drain with your fingers, and making sure your sink-stop is free from any mold or soap scum, but beyond that: you need to call a professional!
Professional and Affordable Drain Cleaning Services
AAA Drain Cleaning employs a variety of professional drain cleaning techniques when servicing your clogged bathroom sink. The techniques we utilize for drain cleaning are completely safe for your plumbing system.
- One common professional technique is the use of a plumbing snake. Plumbing snakes are lengthy steel wires that are designed to reach far clogs and tear them to shreds, leaving your pipes clear and trouble free.
- Another drain cleaning technique used by professionals is the plumbing auger. Think of an auger as a cross between a plunger and a plumbing snake. The auger provides pressure to the toilet drain, and added power when it comes to tearing apart stubborn clogs.
Whether your bathroom drain clog is serious or not, AAA Drain cleaning has the expertise and professional tools to deliver superior drain cleaning services quickly.
Please Call Us for a Free Over-The-Phone Estimate, and you’ll see that it not only feels good to support a local business, but it saves you money as well!
Clogged Bathroom Sink in Portland OR and Vancouver WA
Serving Customers in Oregon and Washington