Clogged Bathtub Drain Cleaning
Serving Portland OR & Vancouver WA
Drain clogs are one of the most common plumbing problems homeowners face. Whether you have a clogged bathtub or a clogged shower drain, it’s sure to disrupt your daily routine. Fortunately, AAA Drain Cleaning is here for you. We provide clogged shower drain cleaning services in Portland OR and Vancouver WA!
Signs of a Clogged Bathtub and Shower Drain
Below are some signs you may need our clogged shower drain cleaning services:
- Clogged shower drain with standing water
- Shower drain clogged with hair
- Slow draining tub/shower
- Water is backing up
- Unpleasant odor from drains
If you’re experiencing any of these signs, we recommend you have them unclogged sooner rather than later. Neglecting a drain clog can lead to bigger problems, including clogs deeper in your mainline and cracks in your plumbing.
What Causes Bathtub Clogs?
Similar to toilet and sink clogs, bathtub and shower clogs are typically completely avoidable. While there are a variety of ways your shower drain may develop a clog, below are the most common.
- Dead skin cells
- Soap scum
- Hard water
How to Unclog a Shower Drain
Bathtub and shower drains can be cleared in several ways. If your bathtub clog is caused by excess hair and soap, you may be able to clear the clog yourself. Common home remedies for bathtub drains include:
- Using a plunger: plungers work great for all types of drains, not just your toilet. Be sure to have one designated for sinks and bathtubs.
- Using a drain snake: you can rent these or purchase them at hardware stores. If this is your first time using one, be sure to ask for an explanation on how to use it first.
- Using chemical drain cleaners: these are useful for partial drains however, you’ll want to use them sparingly and not for complete blockages — the more time needed to clear such a blockage may result in damaged pipes.
- Bent hanger or wiring: stick the hook end into the drain and rotate it as you push down, fishing out hair and debris out of your drain.
Hard water deposits are trickier to resolve and tend to require the use of water softeners — which can pose a health risk if not used properly. If you are unable to fix your clogged tub with any of the home remedies mentioned above, contact AAA Drain Cleaning. We’ll clear your clog in no time!
How Can I Prevent Bathroom Clogs?
There are several things you can do to maintain clear bathtub drains including:
- Installing hair strainers over all drains
- Refrain from dropping pieces of soap down the drain
- Pour boiling water down drains biweekly
Experts in Clogged Shower Drain Cleaning
When your bathtub or shower becomes clogged, to say it is an unpleasant experience is most likely an understatement. Unfortunately, when shower and bathtub issues arise and they are not taken care of thoroughly the first time, they tend to progressively get worse until you have no choice but to hire a professional. Save yourself the trouble, and contact AAA Drain Cleaning at the first sign of a clogged bathtub or shower drain. Fixing a minor clog is significantly cheaper than fixing a serious clog, and we guarantee affordable prices for all of our services. So contact us today for quick and reliable drain cleaning services!
Please Call Us for a Free Over-The-Phone Estimate, and you’ll see that it not only feels good to support a local business, but it saves you money as well!
<<< Sink, Tub and Clogged Toilet Drain Cleaning
Clogged Shower Drain Cleaning in Portland OR and Vancouver WA
Serving Customers in Oregon and Washington